Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Chair and Fabric Shopping



I've had a hankerin' to go garage sale-ing lately, and I was able to talk my husband into joining me several saturdays ago. I found one that had the chair on the left with a sign saying it was $10.  I thought that it had good "bones", because I like the structure and thought that it had potential.
 



 I get a little closer and realize that the pink stripes are just a part of a terrible slipcover!  Not only do I have a pattern if I ever want to make another slipcover, but the green is so fun!  The color is wonderful, but the fabric is faded in some areas.  I am going to undertake reupholstering it myself.  We'll see how it goes.

I went fabric shopping to start the process of reupholstering.  I nearly died finding out how expensive decent furniture fabric was!  $50-$300 per yard?  I paid $10 for this chair, and it will cost me that much just for fabric?  I haven't made a decision as to what I am doing to make it awesome, but something will be done.

Ideas for the chair?  Fabric suggestions?  I'd love to hear from you!

Love,
The Lewis Dots

PS - Don't forget to follow me to the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment