Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Stenciled Desk


I used to hate the big, white desk that my husband had in his office.  His older brother found it on the side of the road over 10 years ago, and it is just one of those pieces that will not break down.  I keep trying to kill it, but it survives.  I figured that I'd change up my strategy and be it's friend.


Above is a picture of the desk prior to painting (and the entire office prior to revamping).  The angle is off, but the improvement is extreme!  I was inspired by this wallpaper look-alike and the stencil they had on the site as well.

I made the stencil out of cut out cardboard, then traced with a pencil.  Then I painted over the pencil with gray paint.  Simple!  I also painted the front of the drawers grey to add some solidarity to the space  and desk.


The picture doesn't do it justice, as I also added some gray "aging" through a spray can of water and a dry paintbrush on the side.

Now I think the desk looks so mid-century modern.  I love it!

What do you think? Better before or after?

The Lewis Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment