Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kate Spade inspired Covers



I got a sewing machine for Christmas, and have gone a little crazy about it!  I needed a sewing machine cover, but obviously it had to be fashionable.  Check out the one I made, inspired by the fabulous designs of Kate Spade.




This is version #1.5, as version #1 looked like a drunk person sewing blindfolded.  I was of perfect vision and alcohol free at the time, but I think I was just going too quickly to sew straight.  


It is a little hard to tell from the picture, but I also added a back pocket system to hold my pedal and chord while transporting.  It definitely isn't my best work, but it gets the job done of keeping me organized!












And not to have a naked Nook (also a Christmas goody) I believed it needed a cute case, too!



I had a request to share my pattern: here it is!




I love them both, and now need a logo that adequately reflects my style and class, just like Kate Spade.  However, I don't think there is an obvious symbol for "Lewis" :-)

With love,
Jamie

2 comments:

  1. So I love the cover! Did you follow a tutorial somewhere? I got one for Christmas too and I could definitely use one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added my homemade pattern to it, and also am going to add what I did to the back. Thanks for making me do it! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete